Afibel data policy for customers and prospects
The AFIBEL Company, desirous to protect personal data, undertakes, in its capacity as processing manager, to only use the data collected in accordance with the legislation pertaining to personal data and in particular the European Regulation dated 27 April 2016 relating to the protection of personal data.
AFIBEL, a company whose head office is located at 129 rue Colbert 59493 VILLENEUVE D’ASCQ and which is registered on the Lille Trade Register under the number 314 360 041.
For any question pertaining to personal data, you can contact the data protection officer (DPO) appointed for the Damartex group (http://damartex.com/uk/our-brands/ ) who can be contacted by letter at: DAMARTEX – For the attention of the DPO - 160 boulevard de Fourmies 59100 ROUBAIX – FRANCE and by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purposes of the processing of the data of customers/prospects:
The data collected from you by AFIBEL is processed for several purposes the legal grounds of which may vary:
1.On the basis of the performance of a contract:
- management of the customer accounts, orders and gift requests (deliveries, returns, exchanges, withdrawal, invoicing and monitoring of accounts);
- follow-up of customer relations (management of complaints, disputed items, after-sales service).
2. On the basis of the legitimate interests of our company:
- sales prospecting (including selection, standardization, deduplication, enrichment in particular with the French companies in the DAMARTEX group which can be consulted on http://damartex.com/uk/our-brands/ in order to send out suitable offers;
- the production and the analysis of sales statistics, customer satisfaction and brand awareness surveys, product and promotion tests in order to improve your customer experience and adapt our products and services to your expectations;
- the management of customer opinions on the web in order to inform web users of the opinions of customers already having used the products and for the purposes of improving our collections;
- listening and recording telephone calls for the purposes of training and improving our services and offers;
- CCTV on our premises to protect persons and property
- the fight against fraud
3. On the basis of your consent:
- the sending of partner offers by e-mail;
- the installation of cookies and plotters on your terminal for the purposes of offering you products and services tailored to your centres of interest and producing web site visiting statistics;
- online chat;
- geolocation for the choice of a delivery drop-off point.
4. On the basis of legal obligations:
- the management of individual rights requests;
- legal archiving;
- the recording and management of guardianship and curatorship;
- the fight against fraud.
Recipients of customer/prospect data processing:
Your data is intended for the internal services of AFIBEL and in particular for the companies in the DAMARTEX group (http://damartex.com/uk/) of which AFIBEL is part for the purposes of improving the quality and the accuracy of our customer files.
Your data can be hired out to or exchanged with our sales partners. You may refuse this by contacting us as stated in the paragraph « Your rights regarding your Data ».
For the proper performance of the services, your data may be communicated to our subcontractors:
- suppliers, (after-sales service), call centres, logistic service providers, carriers and deliverers of packages;
- marketing service providers;
- IT service providers;
- mail distribution service providers, e-mail routers;
- banking and credit service providers;
- service providers for debt recovery and litigation;
- audit/control service providers;
- public authorities.
Your data may be transferred outside the European Union by our subcontractors. In order to ensure an equivalent level of protection to that within the EU, AFIBEL systematically takes equivalent protective measures, in particular through the use of contractual terms or terms that provide adequate guarantees with regard to the European regulations (BCR, Privacy Shield).
Data retention time:
Your data will be kept for:
- 10 years after the placing of your last order in the case of customers;
- 4 years after the last contact for prospects having requested a catalogue or a gift or having taken part in a draw;
- 4 years for prospects not having responded to our solicitations.
Cookies will be kept for a maximum of 24 months after having been installed on your computer and consultable on the website https://www.afibel.com/uk/cookies.
The opinions of customers will be kept throughout the marketing period of the product and for a maximum of 5 years .
Records of telephone calls will be kept for a maximum of one month.
CCTV records will be kept for a maximum of three months.
Security and confidentiality
We implement organizational, technical, software and physical measures in terms of IT security in order to protect your data against damage, destruction and non-authorized access.
Your rights regarding your data:
In accordance with the European Regulation 2016/679 dated 27 April 2016 and the Data protection Act, you have:
- the right of access to the personal data that concerns you and which we process;
- the right to request the erasure of the personal data that concerns you and which we retain, except in the event of any legal derogation;
- the right to have corrected any personal data that concerns you which is inaccurate and/or and any incomplete personal data completed;
- the right to request restricted processing of your data
- the right to the portability of the data you have supplied to us into a standard format accessible to you or a third party designated by you.
- the right to draw up directives pertaining to the processing of your data after your death.
Lastly, you have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data on legitimate grounds, when the processing occurs on the basis of the legitimate interest of AFIBEL, as mentioned in article 6 (1) f of the European Regulation. You also have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data that you communicated to us on the basis of your consent, as mentioned in article 6 (1) a of the European regulation. Such opposition may occur at any time without bringing any processing done previously into question.
You may exercise your rights as a whole by writing to: Afibel Customer Service, 1 Apollo Rise, Southwood, Farnborough, GU14 0GT or by e-mail to email@example.com and attaching a copy of your identity card. AFIBEL undertakes to reply to you within 30 days of the receipt of your request.
AFIBEL and its staff do their utmost on a daily basis to respect privacy and personal data. If you have any comments to make or if we have not unfortunately come up to your expectations, we invite you to contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the DAMARTEX Group of which AFIBEL is part at the following address: DAMARTEX – For the attention of the DPO- 160 boulevard de Fourmies 59100 ROUBAIX - FRANCE or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that we have not handled your personal information correctly or are not happy with how we have dealt with your request, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your relevant regulatory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk/